+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP/MCTS,ITILv2 , Sec+ , VCA ( DCV & WM )......and miles to go b4 i sleep..

Thumbs down 680 Exam - 2nd Time (Bombed)

Took my Windows 7 exam for the second time this morning and failed it with a miserable 530 + . Network Connectivity , Deploying , Migrating to Windows 7 were my listed areas where more developments were needed .

I read through the Pearson Book ( skipped the MS Press book due to its poor review ) with Professor Messrs but was still unable to pass the exam .

I had set up a Virtual Box with 2 Win 7 Clients and a server 2k8 - which i think was not enough to practice the various scenario's .
    any thought from anybody who has take and passed this exam as to how i can go passing it next time

Planning to retake it end of Jan - 2010 ( back to the study room now )
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2017

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Try using Don Poulton's book, haven't read it myself, but it gets rave reviews. Technet is your friend, Darril Gibson's 685/686 book is good, too.

try some of the virtual labs.
    Windows 7 Virtual Labs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Good luck and don't give up! You will get it next time!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    I passed this exam using the CBT Nuggets series with James Conrad & about a year of experience with Windows 7 (daily). I found the CBT Nuggets were excellent and thorough. Make no mistake this is a tough exam. Many of my coworkers attempted it and failed first time around. I was fortune in that I pass..with 700 .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA:R/S, CCENT, ITIL 2011, B.S. IT, CompTIAx5, MCTSx2, MTAx1,
    Quote Originally Posted by antielvis View Post
    I passed this exam using the CBT Nuggets series with James Conrad & about a year of experience with Windows 7 (daily). I found the CBT Nuggets were excellent and thorough. Make no mistake this is a tough exam. Many of my coworkers attempted it and failed first time around. I was fortune in that I pass..with 700 .
    A pass is a pass. I would rejoice if I saw that 700/1000 lol. Also, good ol' James.....his way of speaking....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member
    I failed the first time I took this exam... I think I had like a 580 or something. I'm nervous to take it again and possibly fail...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCTS, MCITP:VA, VCP5, MCSA 2012, MCSE Private Cloud, MCSE Server Infrastructure, C|EHv7, RHCSA, OSCP, GCIH, OSWP
    I got a 700 on my exam as well. I was fortunate enough to pass on the first try though. I used the MS press book and technet. Ive also been using Win 7 since it was released. Keep at it, youll pass it.
    2016 Goals: GCIH, OSWP - DONE!
    My OSCP review http://www.jasonbernier.com/oscp-review/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA: 2012R2, MCS: Server Virtualization, MCTS-Win7, Security+, Server+, Net+, A+
    Go here: https://secure.cbtnuggets.com/subscriptions/cram

Pay the $24 and watch those and take notes. It also comes with the Transcender practice exams. If you go through those and the Messer videos one more time you will probably get a pass this time around.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks