+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member neathneathneath's Avatar

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:SA, MCTS 70-643, MCTS 70-680.

Default Windows 7 - Trust Relationship Between Workstation and Domain Fails

As you know, occasionally some computers can fall off the domain with the above error message.

a) In practice, logging on locally, unjoining the pc from the domain, removing it from Active Directory if it still exists and then rejoining pc back to the domain fixes the issue.

b) I understand that you can use the netdom command to reset the computer account remotely.

c) I've also seen a hot-fix from microsoft for this.

Can anyone confirm if the hotfix has fixed this issue or will we need to continue to carry out solution a) or b)

Look forward to you views.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.
  3. Member

Certifications
    MCTS 70-681, 70-659
    Do you have a link to this hotfix? I've not come across it, and I am interested to learn what it does. I have been using the method you describe in a), except that I've never needed to remove the computer from AD - just rejoining seems to do the trick.
    Last edited by Saundie; 04-19-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member neathneathneath's Avatar

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:SA, MCTS 70-643, MCTS 70-680.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saundie View Post
    Do you have a link to this hotfix? I've not come across it, and I am interested to learn what it does. I have been using the method you describe in a), except that I've never needed to remove the computer from AD - just rejoining seems to do the trick.
    One hotfix, with the same sort of error message is as follows:
    Error 1789 when you use the LookupAccountName function on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

I've applied the hotfix on some computers but not had any further problems yet to prove whether its done any good.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    I've only ever had to do the first version of A. I simply log on as the local admin and then rejoin the domain and that usually resolves the issue.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks