+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Passed 70-680!

Certifications
    MCSA: 2012R2, MCS: Server Virtualization, MCTS-Win7, Security+, Server+, Net+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by loerel View Post
    I did not, a friend of mine that works for a consulting firm suggested them as a resource for me to check out.
    Your friend is lame. Brain dumps are illegal, can have you get your certs stripped, and just devalue the cert. What is the point of cheating? It proves nothing other than you can memorize the questions and don't know the material. It is people like your friend that make it harder for us who actually obtain them by learning the material. Dumps only help in making employers think that certs are worthless.
    Last edited by kriscamaro68; 06-22-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscamaro68 View Post
    Your friend is lame. Brain dumps are illegal, can have you get your certs stripped, and just devalue the cert. What is the point of cheating? It proves nothing other than you can memorize the questions and don't know the material. It is people like your friend that make it harder for us who actually obtain them by learning the material. Dumps only help in making employers think that certs are worthless.
    I appreciate the insight on the brain dumps, guess I was being a bit naive. I'll shy away from their use in the future, I'd rather become certified under my own esteem.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    I'm interested on how you setup the lab. I didn't get anywhere near as far as you did and it was taking to much study time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BAA: Network Administration | AAS: IT | MCSA: Server 2012, Office 365, Win 7, Win 8 | MCITP: EDST, EDA | CCNA | CompTIA CompTIA A+, N+ P+, S+
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillford View Post
    similar specs to my desktop, what hard drives are you using? Raided?

btw, noticed you were from south bend, I am originally from La Porte, moved down to SC a few years back for work though.
    Always good to meet a fellow Hoosier. I'm using Caviar Blacks btw
    Goals for 2017: MCSE : Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Q1); MCS: Server Virtualization (Q2); MCSA : Server 2016 (Q3 2017)
    Additional Goals: MCSE : Messaging
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BAA: Network Administration | AAS: IT | MCSA: Server 2012, Office 365, Win 7, Win 8 | MCITP: EDST, EDA | CCNA | CompTIA CompTIA A+, N+ P+, S+
    Quote Originally Posted by loerel View Post
    Sure, theres a collection of all different ones at exam collection (google it). Have you had a bad experience with them? I know when I studied for the COMPTIA A+ exams I used a Pearson Study CD (just like like the Poulton one) and when I actually got to the exam the questions weren't even as close to the length.
    No, I've had no experience with them. And neither should you. Using brain dumps is wrong. Not only does it devalue your certification, but it also devalue's MINE. So STOP using them.
    Goals for 2017: MCSE : Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Q1); MCS: Server Virtualization (Q2); MCSA : Server 2016 (Q3 2017)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by robaato View Post
    I'm interested on how you setup the lab. I didn't get anywhere near as far as you did and it was taking to much study time.
    Are there more direct question's you'd like to ask?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. IT, CCNA R&S, MCP, MCTS Win 7 Config, A+/N+/S+/P+, CIW Web Design/Foundations/JavaScript
    Quote Originally Posted by 4_lom View Post
    No, I've had no experience with them. And neither should you. Using brain dumps is wrong. Not only does it devalue your certification, but it also devalue's MINE. So STOP using them.
    You'd be suprised at how many people suggested that I use them as well. I think it just really retarded to spend money on one of these sites when you can just simply go to the library or ebay and pick up a book, read the thing, study, pass, and certify yourself legitimately for sometimes a 1/3 of the price.

You use a braindump and then end up at the interview sounding/looking stupid.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting all the info!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Congrats, how long did you study for the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by noisemonkey View Post
    Congrats, how long did you study for the exam?
    I studied for on and off for around 5-6 months. Honestly though, if I would have really focused, I could have done this in probably 1 month. I didn't really think the exam was very difficult. Not nearly what people on this forum (and other forums) make it out to be. Just know the concepts presented by Microsoft and go take the test. All there is to it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    SCCM 2012, A+, Server +, Project +, Network +, Security +, MCSA Window 7, Windows 10, MCP Server 2012
    congrats. thinking of taking this test on the scale of 1 to 10 how hard is this test. did you get alot of question about imaging AIK. any question scenario can you share on the forum ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by franco67 View Post
    congrats. thinking of taking this test on the scale of 1 to 10 how hard is this test. did you get alot of question about imaging AIK. any question scenario can you share on the forum ?
    The best thing I could suggest to you is to go to the MS website and look at the objectives for the exam. YOU are the only one that can determine how hard the test will be (and you won't know until you go take it). So the best thing to do is to prepare for the worst. Know the ins and outs of everything listed in the objectives.

In my opinion, the exam was not difficult. But MANY others would disagree with me. Just have a quick Google search of "70-680 difficulty" and it is nothing but pages of people complaining that the test is hard. You need to put in a lot of lab time to pass this exam. What study materials have you been using?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BS:CS, VCP5-DCV, Sec/Svr+, MCSA:08/12, MCITP:SA/EA, CASP, VCA:WM/DCV/Cloud, ITIL-F, MOF, ISO/IEC 20000/27000
    Quote Originally Posted by 4_lom View Post
    I scored an 840 And to be completely honest, it was nothing like I was expecting or what people make it out to be. Nowhere near THAT difficult. I am surprised so many people fail this exam.
    I didn't take the xp or vista exams but from what I understand they were a cake walk. This, coupled with the fact that most people use Win7 and feel comfortable with it, makes people believe they are more prepared for the exam than they actually are. It was likely not that difficult for you as we on the forum warned you that this exam was pretty tough and you prepared for it accordingly. I did not think this exam was difficult my second time around either as I was much better prepared.

It's all a matter of expectations and preparation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks