+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,MCSA: Windows 7

Default What should I download for labbing for the 70-680?

I just purchased Poulton's book for the 70-680 and after reading through a bunch of posts on this site I've noticed a lot of people saying how important is to lab as well as study. So, I was wondering what program(s) should I download in order to lab the topics covered in this exam? (I currently have Windows 7 Ultimate on my desktop computer)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    Try VMware Player to create and run VMs. Then you can get evaluation licenses from Microsft for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 to use to create your guest VMs and set up your lab domain environment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+, Cloud+, AWS DevOps Pro, GCP Pro Cloud Architect [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA, AWS CSA]
    I'm also curious about labbing.

All I have is a Macbook Air - not the most powerful laptop. Am I probably going to need to run multiple instances of Win 7 on VM and Server as well?
    If so, I might look into building a new desktop specifically for labbing - or at least upgrade my laptop's RAM.
    Goals for 2018:
    Certs: RHCSA, LFCS: Ubuntu | AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, GCP Professional Cloud Architect
    Learn: Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus & Golang | Improve: Docker, Python Programming
    To-do | In Progress | Completed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    one of the big things is that you need enough RAM. If you don't have at least 4 GB you will run into trouble. I don't know how well windows VM's run on a MacBook either.Make sure to get evaluations of Enterprise for the extra features and you can extend the trial length ( slmgr -rearm ) typed at command prompt without parenthesis.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks