+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed 70-680!

1. Member

Certifications
    A+, MCTS

Default Passed 70-680!

Took the test today and am proud to say I passed it. The questions themselves upon closer inspection and thorough thinking through proved to be quite simple in all honesty. I was reading these forums looking at the people that had failed this test before me and was quite afraid that this was indeed some kind of huge beast of a test but when I sat down and began the answers were easily found after just a few moments of careful thought.

I do admit I had found some study notes around here as well as some guides and used / abused them repeatedly [url=http://www.techexams.net/forums/wind...udy-notes.html] This is the thread [/url]. I studied for this test for about a month, and while I hold a current A+ certification before this test I have had very little experience with a server environment. I am currently working on studying for the 70-685 now and plan to take it in two weeks, hopefully with similar results.

The biggest area that tripped me up on the test was the backup / recover portion which essentially was the specific commands line switches used for things like wbadmin / vsscopy etc. I know this is a weak point for me now and will be brushing up on it as well as doing more labs on this. If anyone is having trouble feel free to send me a line and I would be happy to help you out in what way I can.

Thanks again to everyone that contributes to this awesome community!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member devils_haircut's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, VCA-DCV, Linux+, A+, Net+, Sec+, 70-685, Proj+, A.A.S.
    Congrats. I failed mine last week with a 680, and the part that tripped me the most was the section on Deploying Windows. Everything else I knew already or just needed a brief review. Like you, I was surprised at the level of server knowledge required for this exam, but I had also heard it had a low first-time pass rate. I should have prepared better, but I'm retaking it tomorrow, so I should pass this time.

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    Congrats
    Like you I also only have A+ and no server experience.
    How long did you study for the exam and did you use the Microsoft book or don poulton?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    A+, MCTS
    I have booked the 685 and will be sitting it next week, when I pass it I'll have my MCITP.
    I studied for about a month.
    I had the exam objectives, study notes from another user here on the forums, and my trusty computer to do labs with.
    I didn't use any of the books, mostly because the information in the books could be found online for free and I didn't feel like spending the money on them.
    My experience with servers has been limited to setting up DHCP scopes, DNS, ADDS, ADCA, SRP, Applocker. The biggest things I had issues with were BranchCache, Direct Access, and Backup/Restore. We never had any computer connect to our server from outside of the LAN so I never had to bother learning about anything that involved connecting over a WAN. Backup/Restores were all done using scripts in place before I arrived and were not part of my job as they were being handled by a third party contractor.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    I had to lab WDS/AIK when I passed this exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!

Did you decide what is next?
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakinggamer87 View Post
    Congrats on pass!!

Did you decide what is next?
    Thanks, yes I have.
    I will be sitting the 685 on Wed the 30th.
    Then the Net+ a month later.
    Then Sec+ Two weeks later.
    Then CCNA about 2-3 months after that. (Not sure about how long this will take to study for, rough estimate.)
    After that it is kind of up in the air, I am thinking of going into more Network Engineering and then side stepping my way into security at some point.

If anyone has any thoughts bout the road map I have I am entirely open to some suggestions.

Thanks,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    nice job
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks