+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP, Network+, A+, S+, MCSA 2000/2003/2012, MCSE 2000/2003, MCITP 2008, MCTS 7, Hyper-V, Exchange, Windows 8 MCSA, MCT, FAST, ITILv3

Default I passed 70-687 today I am now Windows 8 certified

There are alot of drag and drop questions but nothing too much to worry about

I got alot of questions on File History, Storage pools, and a couple on hyper-v.

Apart from that nothing changing from Windows 7 exam, bit about DISM and App installs using msiexec. Power options regarding hibernate and sleep. Usual stuff really.

Anyone who did not have any trouble with the Windows 7 exams will have no issue with this exam.

Any questions?

I will put a full write up on my site http://www.michaelwhitehouse.com tomorrow
    Last edited by kramit; 09-28-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP-DCV/DT, VCAP-DCD, MCITP, MCSE
    Nice, I'll try and knock this one sooner rather then later, I just got my 680 now that windows 8 just came out I can't wait till windows 9 comes out to get this lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Congrats on your pass. That one's on my list after finishing up my degree.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member Concerned Water's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, VCA6-NV, Sec+, A+
    Congrats!!

I might go for this one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE NT4/W2K/W2K3, MCSI, MCSE:Messaging Exchange2000/2003, MCITP:Exchange 2007/Windows Server 2008, MCTS:SCCM 2007, Apple Certified Support Profession
    Congratulations and thanks for the tips, I'm about to write this tomorrow.
    Was there any IPv6 or PowerShell questions at all?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE NT4/W2K/W2K3, MCSI, MCSE:Messaging Exchange2000/2003, MCITP:Exchange 2007/Windows Server 2008, MCTS:SCCM 2007, Apple Certified Support Profession
    I passed but don't really agree that those who passed Win7 will have no problem with this certification.
    Many Windows 8 related questions, I would recommend everyone to read up on File History feature before taking the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Security Wannabe

Certifications
    CISSP, Security+, MCSA 2003, CCNA, CCNA: Security, Windows 7, McAfee: HIPS
    Just curious, why will a certification in Windows 8 be relevant within the next 3 years?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP-DCV/DT, VCAP-DCD, MCITP, MCSE
    I can't say it'll be 100% relevant but there's nothing wrong with adding more knowledge to your personal database and to employers I bet its nice to see a potential employee excited about new IT related products and wiling to try something new without fighting it per say...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Software Packaging Eng MrNetTek's Avatar

Certifications
    Win 8, Server 2008, Win 7, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, A+, Network+, I-Net+, MCP, SQL Admin, Server+, Security+, CEH, MCDST, MCP 2003, BDD
    Congrats!

Eddie Jackson (MrNetTek)
    Eddie Jackson - Professional Profile
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Software Packaging Eng MrNetTek's Avatar

Certifications
    Win 8, Server 2008, Win 7, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, A+, Network+, I-Net+, MCP, SQL Admin, Server+, Security+, CEH, MCDST, MCP 2003, BDD
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyIT View Post
    Just curious, why will a certification in Windows 8 be relevant within the next 3 years?
    Tablet use on the rise...could be one reason.

But another one...Microsoft believes that Windows 8 marks the evolution of the OS. They believe that all practical usage will be touch interface based in the near future. Please note, an Android OS isn't the same as a full operating system. That's why Windows 8 is relevant - it's the beginning of perhaps a second Microsoft world domination.

Also note, most certifications have a 3-5 year shelf anyway. If you're in technology and will support Windows 8, there is no reason not to get certified, other than laziness.

Eddie Jackson (MrNetTek)
    Eddie Jackson - Professional Profile
    Last edited by MrNetTek; 12-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ MCTS MCP MCTIP MCSA 70-681 Windows 8 Configuration
    Well pass this exam as well you need both 687 688 for the MCSA 8 I here that there is no MCTS in Windows 8 which is a shshame with reference to the exam there was a little on powers he'll command and ipv 6

Glad I got this exam out of the way on to the 688 now or Server 2012 Exams

Good luck to all also Microsoft offer a.second shot now till 2014 don't forget to register before the exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks