+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA R/S

Question 70-687: Configuring Windows 8 - Best study guide?

Hello! I want to start studying for the MCSA - Windows 8. I've recently received the Security+. Due to the new emergence of Windows 8, what's the best study guide for it? Currently the best I've seen is:

Amazon.com: Training Guide: Configuring Windows 8 (9780735673229): Scott Lowe, Derek Schauland, Rick W. Vanover: Books

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCTIP/MCSA: Win7 Desktop, MCITP: Server 2008 R2 Virtualization Administrator, 70-681 (Win7 Deployment), CCNA, EMC Storage Associate, A+, Network+
    I purchased the book you mentioned, but have not begun reading it yet. If it is like the other two Server 2012 Training Guides that I am reading currently, you'll find it lacking.

I know ... who cares about a monkey opinion?!

So much of Window 8's "innards" comes from Windows 7 and Vista. Why not complement the Windows 8 book with a popular Windows 7 70-680 textbook? You'll have the best of both worlds.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MTA 98-365 MTA 98-366 & MTA 98-367 C)SS & C)VA & MCSA Windows 8 & MCTS Configuring Active Directoy 70-640. Comptia Sec+, VCA-DCV, C)PEH,C)ISSO
    YES .. I have the Training Guide: Configuring Windows® 8 book ... it is awesome IMHO
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    I found that book good as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MTA 98-365 MTA 98-366 & MTA 98-367 C)SS & C)VA & MCSA Windows 8 & MCTS Configuring Active Directoy 70-640. Comptia Sec+, VCA-DCV, C)PEH,C)ISSO
    Has anyone have taking the windows 8 , 70-687 exam lately ? thanks!
    Last edited by horusthesun; 05-23-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: English is hard
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I found the Exam reference to be some what lacking .. I am using it as a "StudyGuide after I re-read the "Training Guide"
    Save pennies fellow nerds/geeks the Exam focus edition from Amazon isn't worth it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HDI:SCA, MTA:OS, MCTS:7
    I have pre-ordered THIS book from O' Reilly because I had a buy 2 get 1 free deal and half off. Doesn't release until July but I won't be ready for it until Q4 of this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ITMonkey View Post
    I know ... who cares about a monkey opinion?!

People rarely care about the Narwhal's opinion either. I think it is because we are "Inferior."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks