+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Windows 8 or Windows 7???

Would it just be a good idea to get the Windows 8 cert, it will mostly trickle down, right?

Also, what materials did/do you use to pass the exam (Darryl didn't write an MS book ).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member
    Nevermind, just found this:
    MCSA: Windows 8 vs. Windows 7

Windows 7/2008 R2 it is... now, to find some materials...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE: SI, MCITP: EA, MCITP: EDA, MCITP: VA, MCSA: Srv 2012, MCSA: Srv 2008, MCSA: Win 8, MCSA: Win 7, MCTS (x6), CCENT, A+, Srv+, N+, Sec+, Stor+, P+
    You could always do MCSA: Windows 7, then take the upgrade exam to MCSA: Windows 8.

Check Amazon.com for study materials. Also check out CBT Nuggets or TrainSignal for training videos.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Mac Integration Basics 10.11, Wireless#, CWTS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    M.S.Ed, B.S. CIS, MCTS: Win7, A+ , N+ , S+ ,MTA: OS, MTA: Net, MTA: Windows Server Admin, MCP, ITIL v3 Foundation, MOS, MIB, CDL - A
    Since I have been studying for the MCTS Win 7 cert it seems like forever I will probably still stick with windows 7. It depends what your more comfortable, but since most people still use win 7 or earlier I think windows 7 would probably be better. I use windows 7 all the time so I am more familair with it, I am not sure what windows OS you use the most. I would get certified in the OS you feel most comfortable with.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    NETWORK+ , SECURITY+ , STORAGE+ , CCENT , CCNA(R&S), CCDA, CCNP(R&S), VCP6-DCV
    moon child, I've been using windows7 since it came out & very proficient with it as well. But when i started studying for the MCSA windows7, I figured out it's heck of a lot harder than just operating the OS. Currently I'm almost done studying for Win8 MCSA & it seems like lot easier than WIn7....It's just my opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Child View Post
    Since I have been studying for the MCTS Win 7 cert it seems like forever I will probably still stick with windows 7. It depends what your more comfortable, but since most people still use win 7 or earlier I think windows 7 would probably be better. I use windows 7 all the time so I am more familair with it, I am not sure what windows OS you use the most. I would get certified in the OS you feel most comfortable with.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks