1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Sec+, A+

Default Questions about this certification

Is this still going to be available for a while or is Microsoft planning to retire it soon? If it's going to be around for a while, what's a good book to study from?

2. Login/register to remove this advertisement.

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    I saw that they released dates for June of 2012 and this exam is not on there, so you are probably safe. Out of curiosity, why do you want this exam? 70-680 can be used in the MCSA/MCSE and will also apply to your MCITP work.

The only thing that the 270 would get you that the 680 wouldn't is an MCP. But you could get that from the 70-290, 70-291, or any other of the MCSE certs.

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Sec+, A+
    I'm trying to improve my resume. Do you think it would be better to take the 680?

5. Nidhoggr, the Net Serpent Claymoore's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSEx3, MCITPx6, MCTSx17
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael2 View Post
    I'm trying to improve my resume. Do you think it would be better to take the 680?
    Yes, unless you are trying to give your resume that vintage I-haven't-updated-my-skills-in-10-years look.

6. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymoore View Post
    Yes, unless you are trying to give your resume that vintage I-haven't-updated-my-skills-in-10-years look.
    I like to hand-write my MCSA cert in a nice calligraphy-style on my resume, then fold and seal the whole thing with a wax stamp.

All joking aside, unless you have a particular reason to need the full certification on XP, (like if the company you worked for required it,) go straight to Windows 7 at this point. If you find yourself working on XP, Vista, or even 2000 Pro, you can always pick up a book on any one of them and apply most of the skills you learned while studying Windows 7.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.com - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Where I Hang Out These Days
    Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.

Social Networking & Bookmarks